26 February 2009

Squeeee!!! I Got It!

I did my taxes this morning. E-filed them. Will have tax return shortly. :)

This is what I had planned for my tax return for MONTHS, if the return went well enough. I went out and bought the camera I've been oogling for about a year or so. Perhaps not this particular model, but a Canon DSLR, all the same. On Tuesday, I went up to Futureshop and took a look at it, along with the Canon XSi. And it [Rebel XS] was on sale this week. Tax return will more than pay for the cost. I had done a fair bit of investigation with regards to specifications, costs, recommendations and the Canon kept coming up on top.

Canon XS 1000D 10.1MP DSLR With 18-55mm IS Lens Kit & EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 II USM Lens Kit Package.

I also picked up a couple 4GB SD memory cards and a carry case for camera/lenses. I started playing with it this afternoon, practicing different shots and with different settings. Will work at it some more after I go through some of the helpful manuals. :) I'll be going down to Halifax (Nova Scotia) in a week and a half. Yay. Hopefully will be able to do some lovely landscape and nature photography. Especially if we manage to get out to Peggy's Cove.

Here are two shots I took last year with my Pentax Optio E30

Trinity, Newfoundland

St. John's, Newfoundland

I can't wait to see what I can do with the DSLR camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment